Once in a while, you need to treat yourself to something that relates to your well-being, especially when there’s a specific problem you’ve been trying to deal with, and one of the best ways to do this is to plan a trip to a luxurious spa destination.
There are plenty of great spa spots available in Europe. You can enjoy massage oils with super-relaxing CBD, hydrotherapy infinity pools seated on rooftops for bathing and age-old and high-tech treatments for world-class pampering.
Hence, here are nine of the best Europe spa spots for an incredible spa holiday;
9 Best Europe Spas Spots
1. Parador de Corias, Asturias, Spain: Looking for the best relaxing spots in Europe to book an unforgettable experience? Parador de Corias in Spain is surrounded by looming mountains and vineyards below. In the 11th-century monastery with an excellent modern interior, the spa has vaulted ceilings above the pool, hydro-pool, a steam room, sauna, ice fountain and hydrotherapy treatment with a Vichy shower.
2. Ion Adventure Hotel, Iceland: Ion Adventure Hotel in Iceland is an ultra-modern hotel and an exceptional destination to view the beauty of the Northern Lights. With floor-to-ceiling glass walls that extend to the spa, you can look right out at the sky in the saunas. The treatments include hot masks, mud baths, volcanic ash scrubs and an impressive 10-m pool seated upon the lava rocks below the resort.
3. Verdura Resort, Italy: Everything you need to enjoy in a luxurious spa vacation is situated in Verdura Resort in Sicily. There is a wide range of relaxing facilities and activities such as golf courses, thalassotherapy pools, tennis courts and a hammam combined with the beautiful seaside location that offers something for everyone’s wellbeing.
4. Eagles Palace, Halkidiki, Greece: Eagles Palace Spa can be found in an elegant resort hotel with a quiet beach in Halkidiki, Greece and gardens with frangipani and olive trees. The spa is bright and modern with a sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, and yoga and pilates classes. Eagle Palace Spa is one of the best spa spots in Europe, with an indoor/outdoor pool and Elemis treatments enjoyed inside or in a cabana on the beach.
5. South Lodge, West Sussex: South Lodge is a gorgeous country-house hotel in the UK and a must-visit spa spot with positive effects on your mental health. The spa spot is well known for its modern classiness and features a jasmine-infused steam room, a heated reed-filtered wild swimming pool, and a salt-inhalation cave.
6. Six Senses, Douro Valley, Portugal: The Six Senses Spa in Douro Valley, Portugal, is a modern wonder in the 19th-century Manor House with an excellent minimalist design. The spa includes workshops in herbal properties, aerial yoga, relaxation cocoons, a nail bar that offers manicures with a glass of local red wine and ten treatment rooms that provide beautiful views of the lush valley below.
7. Hotel Excelsior, Dubrovnik, Croatia: Hotel Excelsior in Dubrovnik, Croatia, used to be a royal villa before being turned into a hotel. It offers views across the Adriatic and old town with gardens and a private beach. The spa is decorated in stone and marbles with calming neutrals. It is an incredible relaxation zone with heated beds, a freshwater swimming pool, steam rooms, jacuzzis, and a sauna.
8. Stanglwirt, Austria: This Spa spot in Austria is an exceptional homely farm in the mountains and one of the most delightful luxurious hotels in Europe. There are five photogenic saunas, seven large pools, a state-of-the-art gym, three steam rooms, tennis and golf. You can also get your facials done and watch the white Lipizzaner horses take a whey bath or frolic in the fields.
9. The Scarlet Hotel, Cornwall, England: This incredible hotel is a privately hidden gem down in Cornwall with a scenic ocean view. You will enjoy an eco-friendly spa experience where guests can swim and be surrounded by nature or hang from a cocoon pod in a relaxation room. The Scarlet Spa offers great traditional treatments like suspended relaxation, mud bathing and star gazing.