There are many European cities to take advantage of the best weekend getaways especially when you’re working full-time and you can hardly make an open schedule to enjoy a well-deserved holiday.
Europe is the most incredible place for quick trips and romantic getaways with your partner. From cities with warm and sunny climate to many outdoor activities, vibrant nightlife and delicious meals waiting for you to dig in.
Whether you are traveling alone or with a group of friends, there’s a special place designed for everyone in Europe and it is why we have listed the 10 top weekend getaways in Europe to find your own spot;
10 Top Weekend Getaways in Europe
1. DUBLIN: A trip to Dublin is the right place for you to spend an interesting weekend. Dublin is a UNESCO World Heritage Site of literature with solid historic centres, friendly service, great transit operations, impressive museums and a traditional Irish pub to spend the evening. It would also be best to visit the stunning home of Guinness which provides various grounds for a dreamy experience and to raise a glass or few. (cheers to more trips to Dublin?)
2. FLORENCE: Looking for the best place to spend a whole weekend surrounded by remarkable art? Florence features works by Da Vinci, Caravaggio, and Botticelli in the Uffizi as well as Galleria dell’Accademia which fascinates people to see Michelangelo’s David. Apart from art, Florence is home to the beautiful Boboli Gardens, Giotto’s Campanile for an authentic climbing experience before rewarding yourself with a glass of Tuscan wine and shopping on Ponte Vecchio.
3. VENICE: Venice is a dream destination for tourists and couples on a relaxing trip. It is home to a number of incredible things you can do during your weekend break such as visiting the St. Mark’s Square, Basilica Di San Marco, Palazzo Ducale and a stroll along the canals. To round off a perfect holiday, don’t forget to treat yourself to a Gondola ride and enjoy the memorable and beautiful sights of the world-famous’ floating city.
4. ROME: If you are traveling to Rome to spend a romantic weekend getaway, you and the love of your life can hold hands and stroll to the Spanish Steps at Sunset or head to the intimate Villa Borghese Garden and make a wish as you toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain. Rome is a open-air museum filled with it’s Colosseum and Forum, huge fountains, Renaissance palaces, sculptures and a chance the explore the great Vatican City.
5. LONDON: From experiencing breathtaking views of the city on the famous London Eye Wheel to the most amazing and unique restaurants for a tasty bite on some of their world-class food, London is always a huge win to visit when you’re ready to explore secret spots, best bars and historical monuments to enjoy an incredible weekend.
6. PARIS: ‘City of Light’ as Paris is always should be at the top of your Europe bucket list. Paris is packed with iconic sights such as the Eiffel Tower, Shakespeare and Company, the Louvre, the high-tech Centre Georges Pompidou, Champs Elysées and the Moulin Rouge for a vibrant nightlife. It is the best city to stay for a romantic getaway and see the grand palaces, excellent food and shopping boulevards that are easy to explore on foot.
7. BARCELONA, SPAIN: The coastal city of Barcelona is a favorable city for a weekend getaway in Europe if you love to stroll and explore in a favourable warm weather all year round. Barcelona allows you to wander through the streets and experience everything it has to offer such as the historic and the stunning coastal regions with residents full of charm and character.
8. BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: Looking for the best place in Europe to round off an excellent weekend? Brussels in Belgium is a majestic place for you to be. From learning the history of the Smurf’s to going on a beer tour, taking lazy strolls around the Mini-Europe Park and exploring the beauty of Grand Place, Brussels is an awe-inspiring place to be. Don’t forget to grab a bite of the sensational chocolate waffle at Mannekin Pis.
9. CINQUE TERRE, ITALY: Cinque Terre in Europe has charming and jaw-dropping views that you wouldn’t want to miss during a weekend trip. The ancient five fishing villages; Vernazza, Manarola, Monterosso, Riomaggiore and Corniglia settled on the beautiful Italian Riveria is a must-see for you. It is also known for its delicious gluten-free food which is worth every penny!
10. BUDAPEST, HUNGARY: The fun fact about going to Budapest is that it is more affordable than cities like Paris and Europe. There are so many exciting places to eat in the city. Budapest also has extraordinary activities to partake in between the day and night that are inexpensive for a short weekend trip.